Need a quick and easy weekend fix but just eating plain chocolate won’t cut it ….and you want to amp it up a tad?
Just can’t beat that chocolate and peanut butter combination?
Are you, like me, not willing to invest any more time or ingredients into your chocolatey treat than is absolutely necessary and prefer to use things that are in the fridge or cupboard most of the time?
Am I asking too many questions??? Quite possibly…
Nonetheless….This recipe just may be for you.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Toast
Ingredients List: To serve two (or one very hungry) individual(s)
- 2 pieces of toast (I usually keep sliced bread in the freezer for easy access. You can use whatever kind you like, but in this case I used multigrain because that’s what I had. White bread, wholemeal, etc. would be more than suitable)
- 1-2 tablespoons peanut butter (I used smooth but you could use crunchy)
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced into discs
- About 2-3 rows of milk chocolate from a family sized bar
- About 1-2 tablespoons of thickened cream (depending on how thick/runny you want your chocolate sauce to be)
This recipe makes weekend indulgence far too quick and easy to put together!
Simply toast your bread and pop on a pretty plate. Spread with peanut butter and top with banana slices.
To make chocolate sauce, simply microwave chocolate and cream together in 10 second bursts until chocolate melts with cream. Stir together until smooth – add more cream and zap in the microwave again until smooth and the consistency you want. Drizzle warm chocolate sauce over toast and enjoy 🙂
This goes super well with a nice cuppa, or for some extra chocolatey indulgence, a cup of hot chocolate!
How was your long weekend? Mine was packed out with an engagement party, a wedding reception, hanging out with friends and a birthday. Gotta love that extra day off!
Have a fabulous week!