I recently took part in the Sweet Swap, a fun idea for bloggers to raise money and share delicious treats by two clever cookies, Sara from BellyRumbles and Amanda from ChewTown. The basic idea is that you sign up for $6 (which goes to a good cause) and then get sent three other blogger’s names to send homemade sweets to. You sent your treats out in the mail and then wait patiently for three boxes of deliciousness to come your way.
It was tough coming up with what to make. I had lots and lots of ideas and also wanted to make something the bloggers I would be sending it to would enjoy! Finally I settled on this Peanut Butter fudge and thought I’d add a cup of chocolate chips, because hey who doesn’t like peanut butter and chocolate?
I found this great simple recipe from the Brown Eyed Baker and then I was ready to go!
About to start packaging up!
Peanut Butter Fudge
Peanut Butter Fudge
- 1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- optional: 1 cup of chocolate chips
Equipment needed: medium size brownie tin (lined with foil) large microwave safe bowl, wooden spoon, cake or hand mixer (optional)
- Add peanut butter and butter to microwave safe bowl and microwave on high in 20 second bursts until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla essence and sift in the powdered sugar gradually. Mixture is thick, so you may like to use a stand mixer or hand mixer to help things along.
- Add chocolate chips if using and pour fudge mixture into your lined brownie tin and press down. Pop into the fridge to set for at least one hour.
- Take fudge out of fridge, flip onto a plate and peel off foil. Slice into bite size pieces and serve!
I also really enjoyed receiving packages in the mail. I love getting fun mail!
I loved this cute little pic of Fry by Alana Bread!
Alana Bread’s super delicious winter fudge and a jar of dulce de leche. YUMmmmm. I loved the packaging as well! You can check out her recipes for these lovely treats here.
I really loved these gorgeous little gluten free raspberry and almond chocolates from Chomp Chomp as well (recipe here!)
Unfortunately my third treat didn’t travel so well in the mail. The post office seemed to have forgotten to send me a ‘pick up your package’ slip and I only received a ‘pick up urgently!’ slip quite some time after the treat arrived in the mail so I think it was sitting in the heat in the post office and so sadly I wasn’t able to sample it. But I would really like to thank the blogger who made it for me – you know who you are!!!
It was so fun getting to send out cute little packages in the mail and so exciting to receive ones back! It was also great seeing everyone making their treats on Instagram and wondering who was sending you what mystery sweet. Its definitely something I’d like to do again! I’m already thinking about new treats to make! One little troubleshooting issue is that I think my fudge was a tiiiny bit too soft and next time I think I’d send them the same way AlanaBanana her fudge to me, wrapped in paper. If you’re not shipping this fudge out, it is a great consistency when stored in the fridge.